Acoustics Consultants Australia staff have successfully undertaken and delivered numerous road, rail, aircraft and shipping noise and vibration assessments. Our experience includes road/rail traffic and aircraft noise intrusion assessments in relation to small development applications for individual residences, to leading the noise and vibration scope of services required throughout the planning phases for design and construction of large and complex transport infrastructure projects.
Transport & Environmental Services
Managing the potential noise impacts from transport infrastructure projects is a statutory requirement and must be given due consideration during all project stages to minimise impacts on the environment and preserve the levels of expected amenity for residential and other sensitive receivers located close to the transport corridor.
Acoustics Consultants Australia has a detailed understanding of the regulatory framework, state policies and guidelines for the assessment of major transportation projects and have proven experience in the modelling and measurement techniques and project management skills required for successful project delivery.
Our experience has included leading Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) noise and vibration assessments for major road upgrades involving major bypasses to identify properties for consideration of government acquisition, development of noise mitigation strategies including in-corridor treatments, e.g. barrier designs, low noise pavements and facade upgrade treatments for residences. Additionally, we are experienced in the undertaking of rail noise and vibration studies and impact assessments and the assessment of noise generated by ports from shipping activities.
Contact us for assistance with:
- Operational noise from roads (motorways, arterial routes, sub-arterial routes & roads)
- Noise and vibration from rail infrastructure (passenger & freight railway lines, stow roads, level crossings, depots, passenger stations)
- Intelligibility and sound distribution assessment of PA announcement systems in passenger stations & halls
- Aircraft / helicopter noise
- Port noise (shipping routes /vessel noise)
- Transportation noise modelling assessments
- Transportation noise and vibration compliance monitoring assessments
- Noise mapping and land planning assessments
Environmental Noise & Vibration Projects
ACA staff undertook an occupational health and safety noise audit at a large commercial bakery in South Australia.